Time has changed a lot. People look for the options to have a side hustle and earn better. Whether you are a student or a working employee, everybody looks for the side hustle that can be adopted on the weekends and can help earn better.
In the line of the same, there is a new option that has emerged in the market. Yes, that is the food delivery job. With the growing demand for home delivery of lip-smacking food, this offers a great option to allow the individual to earn better.
One such amazing platform is DoorDash. So, if you are thinking about how DoorDash works or how Doordash pays, we have curated the complete article here for you. Get the entire doordash review and make an informed decision moving ahead. So, let us get going.
A Quick DoorDash Review
Though other platforms offer you the opportunity to connect with them as food delivery agents, DoorDash stands out from the crowd. So, here is a complete DoorDash review for your assistance.
What Is DoorDash?
DoorDash is a food delivery service that is available on demand. It allows you to order meals and drinks from local restaurants. It’s a digital firm that connects local customers and restaurants with delivery services provided by independent freelancers.
The DoorDash app, founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, allows you to order meals from a range of nearby participating businesses. It also allows anyone to register as food deliverers dubbed as Dashers and, of course, restaurants to register to have their food delivered to clients.
In simpler terms, this is a platform that offers you the opportunity to earn additional income by delivering the food to the customers around. Great support and simple approach have made DoorDash even more popular than Uber Eats and GrubHub in the USA.
This is the basic information about DoorDash; let us move ahead with understanding the working and the process of becoming the Dasher to earn on this platform.
How To Become a Dasher?
DoorDash operates in over 4000 cities in the United States, plus Canada, and Australia. You can check the complete list, and based on your research; you can move ahead with working for Doordash.
So, if you are planning to become the Dasher, the broad steps that you are required to follow are as follows:
1. Sign Up – This is the first step where you need to visit the official DoorDash website and sign up. You will be asked to enter your zip code and email ID to move ahead with the process.
2. Submit the profile– Now once you have signed up, the next step is to enter the profile details. For starters, you will be asked to set up your password for safe and secure access.
3. Enter the vehicle information– Since you are planning to be a Dasher, you must have a vehicle of your own. So, here you would be asked to enter the basic details of the vehicle you own and operate to help you with the process.
4. Submit a background check– Here you will be asked to consent to the background check. This will be the stage where the information you have entered and your entire history is being scrutinized to ensure that you are the right candidate for the job.
5. Add your Bank account information– Quite a self-explanatory stage, if you pass the background check, you will be asked to register your bank account details to get the payment.
6. Start working– Now, this is the last stage where you are required to complete your first Dash, secure a review, and start earning and growing.
Also, after this, you will be required to enter your details to get the welcome kit. So the faster you complete the first Dash, the sooner you will receive the Welcome Kit.
Eligibility To Sign Up As A Dasher
Now that you know the basic details of what DoorDash does, the next is to know about the basic eligibility criteria for registering as a dasher.
So, here are the primary considerations:
- The minimum age should be 18 years
- Must have a vehicle
- A valid driver’s license
- A Social Security number.
- Should have a positive Background check.
- Have a smartphone with the DoorDash app.
How Does DoorDash Work?
If you are looking for “How Does Doordash Work For Drivers?” Here is the basic information for the same.
DoorDash is a service that delivers meal orders. Customers place an order with one of the dozens of eateries, then agree to pay a delivery fee and tip. The software then sends orders to “Dashers” who are currently logged on.
On receiving the order, you have 40seconds to either accept or reject it. Once the time lapses, the order is automatically rejected and moved to the next nearest Dasher.
After accepting an order, you drive to the restaurant, place the order, return to your car, and deliver the order to the customer. The DoorDash app has all of the delivery instructions.
It has quite a simple process of working and offers you the smoothest facility to connect and earn.
How Much Can You Make With Doordash?
Every order pays a guaranteed base rate ranging from $2 to $10 (or more) to Dashers. The actual amount is determined by factors such as the projected delivery time and distance. Dashers will be paid more for deliveries that require them to travel a greater distance, are projected to take longer, and are less popular among Dashers.
DoorDash says that you can make $15-$25 per hour on their website. The majority of drivers who post videos on YouTube claim to make between $7 and $10 every delivery, with an average of 2-3 deliveries per hour.
How Much Do Doordash Drivers Make?
Though basic earning is one point, a few points can help you earn additional income on doorDash. The main ones are;
- DoorDash Driver Sign-Up Bonus is $750 and is paid when the Dasher qualifies the minimum number of deliveries.
- DoorDash Referral Bonus is when you refer someone to connect with the platform.
Apart from the basic pay, the additional pay source on orders are:
- When you deliver during busy hours, DoorDash will pay you more. The busiest times are usually lunch and evening.
- Look for hotspots. In the Driver app, you’ll see a heat map showing where more orders are available.
- Pick up batched orders, which are a group of orders that have been placed on the same route.
- Communication, punctuality, and double-checking that you have the right order go a long way with consumers and can help you receive a higher rating and tips.
How Does Doordash Pay?
There are two options to get paid on the DoorDash. They are:
- Weekly payment
Dashers are paid weekly via Direct Deposit for all deliveries made between Monday and Sunday of the previous week (ending Sunday at midnight). Payments are paid directly to your bank account at that time, with a processing delay of 2-3 days, and normally arrive by Wednesday night.
- Dasher Fast Pay in the United States
Fast Pay allows Dashers to cash out their winnings daily for $1.99 instead of waiting for their weekly direct deposit.
Pros Of Using DoorDash
- The flexible way to earn
- High in demand
- No commitments in respect of timing
- Comparatively better rates
Cons Of Using DoorDash
- Profitable only if you work daily
- Need to have at least 4-5 hours daily to earn good money.
Is DoorDash Legit And Safe?
Yes, Doordash is entirely a safe and legit platform. It offers the jobseekers an opportunity to earn a stable and consistent income by working as the Dasher and delivering food to the client’s address.
Also, the skills or the resources required for the registration are quite basic, which increases the chances of application approval. So, if you are planning to start earring a side hustle, being a dasher is a great idea.
Is Doordash Worth Trying?
Suppose you own a vehicle with a valid license and have the spare time, then registering on DoorDash as the Dasher is a great idea. Driving with DoorDash is a good way to supplement your income. So, yes, you can surely give it a try.
Doordash is one of the finest platforms that offer you a great opportunity to earn income and have a better livelihood. With the simple eligibility criteria and skill needs, working as the Dasher is a great plan to earn some additional income without hassle.
Also, since there is no time commitment, you can work part-time without disturbing your existing working time and culture. So, if you are looking for a lucrative opportunity to earn the side hustle, this is one of the best.
Just get registered on the platform and complete the background check to start working as the Dashe. Be ready to complete your Dash, and soon enough, you will be able to multiply income seamlessly.
Visit the official website of DoorDash for further details and the registration process.