Marketing has always been a very important aspect of running a successful business. Without marketing, most businesses would likely struggle to stay afloat, or to even get off the ground in the first place!
However, there are still many businesses out there that are struggling because their marketing strategy isn’t up to scratch. If this sounds like you, here are 6 things that can improve your marketing strategy.
Use Animated Videos To Explain Complex Problems
What better way to take the stress out of explaining complex problems than with an animated video? As strange as it sounds, you’d be surprised how much easier it is for people to understand a complex idea when they can see it rather than read about it.
Animated videos are also extremely helpful in demonstrating products and services to customers who might not fully understand how they work.
One of the most powerful video marketing tools is an explainer video. Although there are many companies that offer services for producing animated videos, you should give some thought as to which would be best for your business before you commit to one. Think about what your business needs and choose a company that can give you that.
Give Something Away For Free
One of the most effective ways to get more people talking about your business is to give something away for free. If you have a service that doesn’t cost a lot of money, why not offer your customers some free samples?
One of the best marketing techniques for this situation is to give something away for free that solves one of their problems or meets one of their needs. This way, they’ll feel like you’ve given them something incredibly valuable and will be much more likely to want to do business with you in the future.
For example, if one of your products is geared towards children then why not offer parents a sample that helps them with their child’s bedtime routine?
Make Your Website Mobile Friendly
If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, you could be missing out on a huge number of potential sales. More searches are now being performed from mobile devices than from desktop computers in many countries.
This doesn’t mean that you need to go out and purchase a new website, but rather that your existing website needs to be tweaked so it’s compatible with all devices. Some ways in which you can make your website mobile friendly is:
- Add a contact button to mobile devices
- Use an easy-to-read font
- Make sure any videos are smaller than 200MB for faster download times
- Make your website responsive in design so it can be viewed on all different devices without the layout being altered
- If you’re thinking about redesigning your website to make it mobile-friendly, you should consider hiring a professional web design company for help.
Take Advantage Of Social Media Platforms
By now there is no excuse for not having a social media presence, as most businesses have done this at some point or another. The key is using social media for business purposes instead of just keeping up with friends and family. The best ways to do this are:
- Post regular updates about your products and services on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and other similar platforms
- Encourage new customers to leave reviews on these sites
- Add a link back to your website from all social media platforms so people can easily find your business
- Spend some time on these social media platforms every day to see what people are saying about your products or services. This can help you identify new opportunities for growth, which might otherwise have gone unnoticed.
Increase Your Search Engine Rankings
One of the easiest ways to drive more traffic to your website is to increase your search engine rankings. When people are searching for products and services online, the first thing they do is type what they’re looking for into Google or another search engine.
Your goal should be to rank as high as possible so you get more business from prospective customers who might not otherwise have known about your business. The best way to increase your search engine rankings is to:
- Post high quality, relevant content on your blog
- Offer something for free in exchange for filling out a short survey or completing a quick task
- Target people through social media who are likely to be interested in what you have to offer
Advertise On Television
If you’re looking for something that will get a lot of attention quickly, it’s hard to go past television advertising. As most people have access to high-speed internet nowadays, there are considerably fewer commercials on TV than there once were. However, many companies still choose to advertise this way due to the sheer volume of people who can potentially see your ad.
Of course, it doesn’t come cheap to place ads on TV and other mainstream media outlets, but if you’re looking for something that will give your business a quick boost then this could be the right move for you.
Marketing is becoming increasingly important if you want to be competitive in today’s business environment. It’s crucial that your business uses every marketing tool available to grow and develop. If you’re unsure where to start, try implementing one or more of the strategies mentioned above into your marketing strategy.